Thursday, June 5, 2014

FRAGMENTS OF TIME: INTRODUCTION

It was a very humid night when my sister, maybe drug from three hours of internet browsing, ask a question I keep on pondering for three days now. She had just knew 30 minutes ago that Im the author of a blog called Apples and Midnight Stories.

"Such courage", she exclaimed. It was, really.

"Well, it takes a strong woman to speak her mind diba?" I said, quoting the words of a famous Philippine talk show host.

We laughed.

"Why do you write, sister?" she teased.

For a moment, I ponder for the right words. Those that will shut her up. :p

Finally, I said, "Why wouldn't I?"



And it goes that way. Why wouldn't I? Why would the rest of the world will not? Writing on this site and on my journals are my way of talking to the universe.

Contrary to the usual belief, emotions and events have their equivalent words. I believe its necessary to write down those things that made you glad, put you to tears, reminds you of your fears and whatever emotions an event stirs up in you. Writing them down would somehow make the time stop. Those feelings, events and people that had been converted into words became immortal. Frozen forever in time.




Each of us has their own stories to tell, remembering hurts, but one day we'll realize that not being able to remember hurts more.

For the first time ever, I decided to remember my life. I will snatch those memories from the past and write it down making them untouchable by time.

Don't get me wrong though. Past is past and we were taught not to dwell with it anymore but I think there's beauty in sharing with the world those things that made you who you are.

After all, at the very end, we will all end up like the things we wrote down--stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment