Wednesday, May 4, 2016

CHILD'S NIGHT

The night in our home is still the night I always have ever since I knew that the world is a revolving piece of land and water. I can hear the soft murmurs of the still-awake neighbors.  I can hear the beating of my heart--loud and clear as if it wants to leave my chest and beats in a different body. Sometimes,  I think that no matter how much you gain from the world, how much salary you acquire in your pocket or how many titles that's been added to your name,  a home will always be a place where you're just you.  You're just that five year old kid who wants to sleep and rest.  You are nothing in your own home.  And yet you are everything you could ever be.

Every now and then,  I think it's vital that we should always take time to go back home.  It is a special time to be who we are. And we are what we are in silence.  We are what we are when no one's watching. When we can lie in our bed and listen to our heart and search our own thoughts. Once in a while, it is healthy to shut up and listen to the silence of our own being, so that we may find what it is that we're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment