Sunday, February 2, 2014

DEEPLY FASCINATED

Warning: This article can be very disturbing. :)))

Given the contents of every nightly news on the television and the world wide web, I can say that if their goal is to make me fascinated, well, they win. I have become fascinated now more than I have ever been before I wrote this article. :) A person killed another. A man rape his own daughter. An employer torturing his houseworker. A foreigner using foreign women for pleasure or for money. A mother selling her child to a pedophile so she can eat. (Its now your chance to imagine evil things). Blah Blah Blah.  Yes, I hear you. "You don't know anything!" "You don't have any right to judge them because you're not on their skin". Well, say all you want I can say all I want.

I am aware that evil exist even before men had discovered how to make a fire and that I have no right to judge the things I cannot understand but my friend, I am also aware, as my chidhood crush Albert Einstein put it, that "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who witness it and do nothing" I feel I have every right to ask and that I don't need to explain anything to anyone about my intentions. (which you can notice that I am already explaining)

My point is, we are born together with that thing we called choice. We always had a choice, whether to do good or to do cruel things to others. And I am left fascinated and bothered why some people can be so ruthless. How can a man hurts another in a way that he doesn't want to be treated like that. I just don't get it.

Ironically, I also admit that evil is necessary so we can know what is good. Hunger is needed so we can be full. Rich are there because we have the poor. Love is wonderful because we experience hate. (Place your own citation in here) Life is very ironical isn't it? God has given us the opposites so we can experience both during a lifetime and its ironical to think that this lifetime we have is the examination where the result will be the kind of another life we will be spending on eternity. Maybe some people forget that. They forget the truth that we will be living another life after this which is why they try to enjoy this lifetime for fear that they wouldn't enjoy the next. How fascinating, isn't it? The word "enjoy" there can mean enjoyment of doing nasty things or enjoyment of guilty pleasures. Eternity is infinite. it has no end and there will be no time. Well, I rather suffer now doing the right things even though its not funny or cool or amazing or "enjoying life to the fullest" than to spend my infinite days suffering only-God-knows-what as the result of happy and satisfying moments here but wrong in the eyes of the One who knows what's right.

I can say that I have awaken. I know the truth as simple as it always is and I do not try to make it complicated. I believe that all the people know what's right and what's wrong, it is, just that simple. One rule that govern my life, I will share to you: we will reap whatever we sow. We have choices, we should be brave enough for the consequences. I also know that the good and evil in this world will continue to fascinate me, for my entire lifetime maybe, but I have long ago accepted that I am, a mere spectator of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment